Delphi XE Issue

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 3/4/5.
edbuescher

Delphi XE Issue

Post by edbuescher »

I have just upgraded to 4.00.44a to use with Delphi XE and my created xls files are bad. They are readable but strings are chopped off, the fonts are wrong, the text on the tabs is in chinese, etc. After installation the package would not compile until I changed one line is the SST4 unit. I had to change

S[i] := AnsiChar(WS[i]); to S[i] := Char(WS[i]); in the function XMLAddCompressedStringW

to appease the compiler. This makes me think I may not have the correct source code. I did remove the package and reinstalled it to make sure.

Also I can't expand the FONT property in Delphi to change, or view, the font properties. I can access the font properties in the code, but not via the designer by clicking on the + next to FONT.

The most current datestamp on the .pas files in my XLSSuit4\SrcXLS folder is 1/21/2010.

Any Ideas,
Eric
edbuescher

Re: Delphi XE Issue

Post by edbuescher »

I found the problem. The problem is in the "XLSRWII4.inc" file. There was no section to set the "defines" for Delphi XE, which is ver220, so I fixed the problem by duplicating the defines for ver210 and used these for ver220. I also set my code in the SST4 unit back to the original.

Here is what I added to the top of XLSRWII4.inc:
{$ifdef ver220}
{$define DELPHI_2010_OR_LATER}
{$define DELPHI_2009_OR_LATER}
{$define DELPHI_2007_OR_LATER}
{$define DELPHI_2006_OR_LATER}
{$endif}