Can XLSRWII4_d2010 be installed in C++ builder 2010?

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 3/4/5.
shenjige

Can XLSRWII4_d2010 be installed in C++ builder 2010?

Post by shenjige »

Hi, there,

I have tries to install XLSRWII4_D2010 in my C++builder 2010. I can create the XLSRWII4 component on a new form, but I got the error message "Unable to find out header file for component: XLSFonts4" when I saved the new project. I also have trouble to compile my application that was built in c++ builder 2007 as it says "XLSReadWriteII4.hpp can't be found". I checked my hard drive, there is not file called XLSReadWriteII4.hpp in my hard drive.

It seems the component is only for dephi only, not for C++ builder 2010. Does anyone know if I am wrong?

Thanks,

Gene.
larsa
Site Admin

Re: Can XLSRWII4_d2010 be installed in C++ builder 2010?

Post by larsa »

Hello

The file XLSReadWriteII4.hpp is in the XLSSuit4\Package\D2010 directory. If it's not there, something is wrong with your installation.
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data
shenjige

Post by shenjige »

Hi,

I did install again and I still couldn't find the file XLSReadWriteII4.hpp in the directory c:\XLSSuit4\Package\D2010\. Only three hpp files there are: XLSPNGImage.hpp, XLSPNGLang.hpp and XLSZLibPas.hpp. I have not tried to have C++ builder install the component yet. But I believe the files have to be there before I install it into C++ builder.

It seems very simple for me to just run the file xlsrwii4_d2010_reg.exe to extract and put all component files in my computer. It looks like there is not option I can make mistake on that part. I still couldn't figure out what happenned on me. Can anyone give me more idea of what I can try further?

By the way, I have vista on my computer. Is that going to be problem?

Thanks in advance.

Gene.
shenjige

Post by shenjige »

I did run the XLSRWII4_D2010.exe file in my XP machine and found that the file XLSReadWriteII4.hpp is not on my hard drive anywhere. It is not anything with vista I believe.

I think I am running out of ideas now. Has anyone successfully installed that on a fresh machine? Let me know what version you did install and how please!

Thanks a lot!

Gene.