Problem with big graphic

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 3/4/5.

Problem with big graphic

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I have a problem reading a XLS-Worksheet, which contains a rather big graphic. The worksheet has 450k with this embedded graphic and 175k without the graphic.

The worksheet is transferred via FTP to a server and an automatically started application has to read some values from several sheets.

When the Delphi 6 application is started and tries to read the worksheet, the application crashes in the following routine of the unit xlsreadII2.pas:

Code: Select all

procedure TXLSReadII.RREC_LABELSST;
begin
  InsertRecord := False;
  try
    with PRecLABELSST(PBuf)^ do
      FXLS.Sheets[FCurrSheet].IntWriteSSTStringIndex(Col,Row,FormatIndex,SSTIndex);  <=== crash
  except
    raise Exception.CreateFmt('Read error at %.8D',[FXLSStream.Pos]);
  end;
end;
The occuring exception has the following text (in original in german, I try to translate it to english):

In the project test.exe has an exception of the class EListError occured. Message: 'Index of list greater than the maximum (0)'. Process was paused. Continue with next statement or start.

If I delete the graphic, there's no problem to read the worksheet. But because my application runs automatically, ther's no chance to delete the graphic. Has someone an idea, how i can avoid the problem

Thanks

Klaus
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

Can you please send me the excel file?

Lars Arvidsson