Error upgrading versions ??

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 3/4/5.
jose

Error upgrading versions ??

Post by jose »

Hello, I'm Jose Jurado, from Spain.

Two months ago I downloaded XLSReadWriteII 2.0 (demo) and everything was OK.
So I've purchased the XLSReadWriteII 3.0 (registered), uninstalled the old version, installed the new one and replaced the XLSReadWriteII object in my application.

Now I get the following error message:

'Error reading XLS.Sheets: Error reading TSheet.PrintSettings.FitWidth: Property does not exist.'

I'm confused since I don't use PrintSettings nor FitWidth in my code.
I'm not experienced with Delphi, and I fear that the previous declaration of the object has left some garbage.
Could anybody help me?

Thanks, and excuse my English.
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

You don't have to worry about this. Delphi shows this error message when a property has been removed, and as you don't uses it, everyting is fine.

Lars Arvidsson
jose

Post by jose »

Well, that's not exactly right.
Delphi throws this exception at runtime, and my application cannot show the form where the XLSReadWrite component is. So, I have reasons to worry.

I'm confused in a point: I've purchased the XLSReadWriteII 3.0, but the component is named TXLSReadWriteII2. Is anything wrong with this?
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

Just move any object on the form to make delphi understand that the form (and the component) has changed. It's true that the name of the component is TXLSReadWriteII2. In order to check the version, read the ComponentVersion property.

Lars Arvidsson
jose

Post by jose »

Thanks Lars, the problem is already resolved.

But there was a problem with the uninstallation, so I'm going to feedback it for helping others in my situation:

When done uninstalling, there are remaining files that need to be deleted:
various *.dcu and *.res in c:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi\Lib

Because of that, Delphi readed the old dcus and found inconsistences.

I've avoided the problem by overwriting old files with those in XLSReadWriteII\Lib and now everything works OK again.

Jose.
OptoTest

Exception Error @ Run Time

Post by OptoTest »

having same issue - FitWidth property does not exist
this happens on a new form - just the XLSWrite component added and compile/run - any hints.

Delphi 2006 new out of the box as well as XLSWrite3.0 just downloaded.