BPL files and Delphi Version

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 5.
bturcs

BPL files and Delphi Version

Post by bturcs »

Hi,

We purchased the components with source (which is fine), but the name of the bpl files do not follow the standard naming procedures.
  • there is a vcl230.bpl for Delphi 10 Seattle and a vcl250.bpl vor Delphi 10.2.3 Tokyo
  • if I compile my project with runtime packages enabled, I have to add only vcl to the list of runtime packages
  • if we update our delphi version, the list of runtime packages has not to be changed, because the version suffix isn't encoded in the filename
  • this is enabled by the LIBSUFFIX compiler directive (see: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudi ... s_(Delphi) )
In your packages, you use the suffix DDX10, which isn't standard, but ok. But also LIBSUFFIX is not used, so we have to change the list of runtime packages each time we update our delphi.
I would simply request to include the matching libsuffix in the dpk files for the delphi version which support it.

Best regards,
Basti
bturcs

Re: BPL files and Delphi Version

Post by bturcs »

Can you send me the two project definitions for Delphi 10 and Delphi 10.2? I would add the LIBSUFFIX myself..