ZLib decompress error

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 5.
maz65

ZLib decompress error

Post by maz65 »

Hi Lars,
one of my customers sent me an excel 2007 file created with the library Apache POI 3.12 and code developed in Java+SpringBatch.
The resulting .xlsx file can be opened by Excel 2007 but not with xlsreadwriteII 5 component.

The error is:
"ZLib decompress error"

Note: if I use Winrar program renaming xlsx fine to zip, I can decompress it with no problems.

The only comment from you in this forum about the error is to try xlsRead.UseAlternateZip := true , but when I set this property, the error became:
"No alternate Zip defined."

Component version is the latest and Delphi 2007 is used for this project.

Any help ?
Thanks in advance,
Massimo
larsa
Site Admin

Re: ZLib decompress error

Post by larsa »

Hello

You must have at least XE2 in order to use AltrnateZip as it uses the zip lib that comes with delphi, and it was first introduced in XE2. Please be aware of that if you use delphi's zip lib you may run into other problems (error with files created by non-excel software).
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data
maz65

Post by maz65 »

Actually I have the same error (error with files created by non-excel software) with your internal ZLib too.
This morning I asked to my customer to provide the file in the "old" .xls format and everything worked fine, so the .xlsx generated by Apache POI 3.12 will be not an issue for me in the future.
But, if you want this file as an example for your convenience, in order to investigate this particular compression format, I can send it to you.
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

We have not created the zip lib that the component uses so there is nothing we can do to fix the error.
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data