Installing XLSReadWriteII 5

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 5.
LuMa

Installing XLSReadWriteII 5

Post by LuMa »

Hello Community,
I'm new to Delphi and Rad Studio. I downloaded the XE7 Trial 2 weeks ago and I think I have understand the basics. Now I want to take a look at XLSReadWriteII, because it seems to be the perfect solution for me. However, befor I invest a lot of money into XE7 and components I want to take a look at them. As far as I understood this, I can test XLSReadWriteII 5 for free.

I downloaded the XLSReadWriteII 5 Installer in the download section on axolot.com. I followed the instructions an when it comes to the part where I need to enter my account information, I clicked the trial option (I don't remember the exact word which was written there). Then I see the instructions, but I don't really understand them.

It says I should add the install path to the include path. Then I should open the XLSRWII5_DXE7.bpl (The instruction doesn't seem to be included yet, there is just a XE6 example). But this file doesn't exist.

I hope I get some help here :)

Thanks
larsa
Site Admin

Re: Installing XLSReadWriteII 5

Post by larsa »

Hello

The file will most likely be in the dir "C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\12.0\Bpl"

If you still can't find it, search your hard drive for "XLSRWII5_DXE7.bpl"
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data
LuMa

Post by LuMa »

Ah thanks... Now I got everything working. My Laptop is a little slow, it's older... Search isn't that fast :roll:
LuMa

Post by LuMa »

Hello again,
as I said I'm new to Delphi and don't understand everything yet. When I tried to compile my application, I got an error saying that the XLSReadWriteII.dcu isn't in my project directory. Do I need to put this *.dcu-File in every project folder which uses the component or is there a workaround :?:
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

Add the path to your install dir (the dir where the dcu:s are) to your search path (Project->Options->Delphi Compiler->Search Path).
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data
LuMa

Post by LuMa »

Yes, that finally worked ! :) Thanks again!