User functions

Questions and answers on how to use XLSReadWriteII 5.
larsa
Site Admin

Re: User functions

Post by larsa »

Hello

The problem is probably that you are using an excel 97 file. Try an excel 2007 file instead.
Lars Arvidsson, Axolot Data
odisej

Post by odisej »

I can confirm that. The question now is, will tat stay this way or will I be able to use user functions in Excel 97 files as well? We have existing files that were handled by some other component and now we would like to move to your component. We can not open all files and change format as those files are at our customers machines.
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

It can be possible to fix this if you only intend to not save the files, as these files will contain invalid data.
odisej

Post by odisej »

We will only open this (old xls) files and save them in new format (xlsx). That is allowed, right?
odisej

Post by odisej »

Do I have any option to open those old xls files right now and user functions will work or I need to wait for new version. If later, when you think that will be available?

Thanks
odisej

Post by odisej »

shayanjameel08 wrote:User functions are public static (Public Shared in VB.NET) methods that should always return a value and can take an arbitrary number of input parameters.
I'm not sure how is this related to my question.
larsa
Site Admin

Post by larsa »

Hello

This is fixed in update 5.20.06 Please read Changes.txt for details on how to use user functions in Excel 97 files.

shayanjameel08 is a moron that is kicked out now. Sorry for any inconvenience he caused.